After your sprinkler system water lines have been recharged with water. These items should be inspected immediately:
- Water Lines Look for breaks in the water lines. Water bubbling up under grass, bark or shrubs; or a lot of water forming puddles in these specified areas is a sure sign of a broken pipe.
- Sprinkler Heads Check each sprinkler head to make sure there aren’t any breaks or buried with grass or dirt. This could be water shooting straight up like a geyser, the sprays will be erratic, or there may not be any water coming out of sprinkler head at all. Be sure to adjust all spray heads to water your plants, shrubs, and yard and not hard surfaces like walkways, driveways, or your house.
- Nozzles Check Nozzles to make sure not broken or plugged. Grass grows over the sprinklers and plugs up the nozzles.
- Valves Check each valve box for any breaks or leakage; sometimes critters get in there and make a mess with the wires and gophers like to make mounds of dirt to cover the valves. Clean out valve boxes and make sure the valves are working properly. If there is a lot of water in your box check valves and pipe coming into box for breaks.
- Controller Check to make sure the Controller still has its program from the last season and replace the batteries. Make sure you have the proper watering schedule set up.
If you have any problems with one of these items, give us a call and we would be happy to come out and assist you with your efforts.